Diabetic diet that means eating the healthiest foods in suitable way & follow to usual proper regular mealtimes.
It’s a healthy-eating schedule which mostly rich proper amount in nutrients & low in fat as well as in calories. Such as fruits, vegetables & whole grains are important elements. Thus, diabetic patient should follow the healthy hygienic diet.
- One of the key factor in context to sugar control for diabetic patient is
- Lifestyle modification and proper diet
- Management of diet intake
Content of Diabetic food
Here I am going to mention Some Basic Key Points Regarding Diet There Is saying ” Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a Poor.” Another version of this proverb “Eat your breakfast, share your lunch with a friend, and give your dinner to your enemy.” Whichever you prefer, the conclusion to be drawn is the same – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Eating at least six small meal (6:00 am, 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 8:00 pm and at bed time, adjust your meal according to your time and comfort.
- Chewing your food properly and at least 15 to 20 minutes
- Take breakfast or eating something within 1 hour of you wake up.
- Before You go to Morning walk take something to Eat like Bread, Roti or Half Ripen Banana.
- After launch or Dinner Walk for at least 500 footsteps or 10 to 15 minutes.
Things to eat and not to eat
|Vegeterian||Eat||Not to Eat|
|Whole wheat or whole grain||Butter|
|Meat free of fat|
Don’t eat any type of sugar free product available in market
- Like sugar free hoicks, biscuit, sugar free tablets chocolates, sweets
- Eat more mono-unsaturated fats : Almond, walnuts, olive oil, avocado, fatty fish- salmon, trout and mackrel
- Drink 3 to 4 litres of water per day.
- 3 to 4 fruits per day however, half ripen fruits, and one fruit at a time.
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) a tea spoon powder
- Tumeric powder with milk
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco chewing, smoking if case of alcohol female 30 ml per day Male 60 ml per day
- Take your dinner before 8 pm.
- At bed time 2 digestive biscuits and 1 glass of milk.
Additional tips for diabetic diet
- 1 glass of milk and water with
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dalchini
- 1 teaspoon honey